Pre-construction Services Offered:
- Obtain building plans and site plans for building permit application. Review the plans with the Client.
- Obtain a licensed engineer’s stamp plans, if required by the building department.
- Submit the plans and engineering for permits and liaison the process to completion.
9% Project Management includes:
- Prepare material takeoffs for concrete, carpentry and finish categories (and other categories as needed).
- Draft a schedule and keep it updated with an eye to meeting deadlines.
- Obtain quotes from subcontractors and vendors. Weigh all bids, comparing apples and oranges to the requirements of the project. (minimum 3 bids, add 0.5%).
- Establish safety policies that satisfy the intent of OSHA regulations. (If necessary, review the safety program of every specialty-contractor prior to awarding contracts to assure they are in compliance; add 0.5%.)
- Verify contractor registrations, workmen’s’ compensation insurance and liability insurance documents prior to awarding contracts. (Establish a standard form contract for subcontractors that will assure they fulfill the intent of the work they bid; add 1.0%.)
- Schedule all subcontractors and vendors.
- Be onsite or available as needed to keep the workflow on schedule. Inspect the project for quality control and code compliance.
- Work to resolve difficulties between subcontractors and deal with problems.
- Work out inspection issues as quickly as possible to keep the project on schedule.
- Review subcontractor and vendor invoices to assure billing is accurate and for work completed or materials delivered. (All invoices delivered to Contractor but paid directly by Client. Client responsible to request and receive lien waivers.)
11. Keep the Client posted on job status, daily.
Project management in 3 forms: 9% or by negotiated fee or by hour. Your choice. We work to take the headache out of building.
Dean Isaacson has been a general contractor since 1975.
Member: International Code Council
Member: National Association of Safety Professionals
View his resume here: https://cougargulch.com/resume/deanIsaacsonProjectManager.pdf